John C. Lindsey
Co-Founder and President at Lindsey Self Storage Group
A second-generation self-storage owner, operator, developer, and broker, John C. Lindsey has been in the self-storage world his whole life. Cofounder and president of Lindsey Self Storage Group, John has also served on the boards of the National Self Storage Association and the North Carolina Self Storage Association, and he previously served as president of the Self Storage Association of South Carolina.
The Sexy Side Of Self-Storage
Publication Date: June 2021
Welcome to the glamorous world of storage brokering.
Think helping people buy and sell storage facilities around the world isn’t sexy? Think again.
• In the US alone, self-storage is a multi-billion-dollar industry.
• Every day, brokers help owners buy or sell one of 55,000 facilities in the US.
• Storage properties are a recession-proof commodity, with value-add opportunities ripe for buyers.
• Globally, storage is a fast-growing industry, doubling in size every year since 2008.
• It’s an industry ready for disruption, with trends shaking it up in management, logistics, and technology.
A second-generation self-storage owner, operator, developer, and broker, John C. Lindsey has been in the self-storage world his whole life. Since 2012, John has built one of the largest by volume self-storage brokerage companies in the US, with an approach that prioritizes win-wins between sellers and buyers. Now, John has compiled his approach into The Sexy Side of Self-Storage to shine a light on buying and selling, and to show where the industry is headed.
Whether you are an individual owner with a single self-storage facility or an institutional investor with a portfolio of properties, this book shows you the know-how and expertise you need to successfully sell or buy a property.